Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Costume Shopping

       Oscar was sitting quietly in the laundry room staring closely at the calendar. AAAAAHHH! Halloween is only eight days away! Oscar wanted this Halloween to be very exciting. "MMMMM. What should I do to celebrate this holiday?" Oscar thought and thought. "AHA! I will have a halloween party...a COSTUME PARTY!!! I will invite all the friends I have met on my adventures. OH BOY! I CAN'T WAIT!!"
    After deciding how to celebrate Oscar could hardly wait to go pick out his costume. Unfortunately he had to wait on Mom and Madeline to leave. They were taking forever! At last! Oscar heard the Bang! Rattle! Boom! of the garage door opening and then closing. They were gone.  He jumped up and ran to his disguise box. He pulled out a green wool sweater, blue jeans, tennis shoes, and a short brown wig. He quickly put on his disguise and stepped out into the garage. "Now where should I go to find a new costume?...KARL'S KRAZY KOSTUMES!! That's just around the corner. I can even ride Madeline's bike there."
     Oscar snapped on Madeline's safety helmet and pedaled off down the driveway. Just a few minutes later he rode into the parking lot and then he rode his bike right through the automatic doors! "HEY KID! YOU CAN'T RIDE YOUR BIKE IN HERE!" The manager of the store seem a little upset. "Sorry!" Oscar quickly rode his bike out to the sidewalk and parked it next to the window. He walked back inside and began to look around.
     "WOW!" The store was hugemongous. It was a two story shop full of aisles and aisles of costumes. All kinds and in all different sizes! Oscar was so excited he let out a loud "WHHHOOOOOOWHHOOOOO!" The other customers were staring at the strange kid standing in aisle number 11. "OK. Calm down and focus. I need to find a costume." Oscar said to himself as he began to look around. The manager walked up to Oscar and said, "Hello my name is Karl, how can I help you today?" "I am here to buy a perfect costume for my Halloween party." Oscar replied. "Go pick out any one you want. I'll be at the register if you need my help."
Oscar tried on all kinds of costumes. Some were scary, some were funny, and some were girly! First he tried on a monster costume. It was a blue furry monester with long plastic claws!!! "Nope. This costume is too scary!!" Second Oscar tried on a dragon costume. It was red with purple polka dots. "Nope! This one is too big." After that he tried on a clown costume. It was a yellow suit with large pink flowers all over it! It came with two extra long shoes. "NO WAY! I can't stand up in those shoes. Besides I look too funny!!!"
Then he tried on a fairy costume. The wings looked like flower petals and it came with a long blonde curly wig. HEEEE! HEEEEE! "I look silly!"
Soon the manager noticed the large pile of clothes in the aisle and all the people staring. "Hey Kid...haven't you ever heard of a dressing room!" Karl yelled across the store. "OOPS!" Oscar said and then gather five more costumes and took off for the sign that said dressing room.
     He got inside and was excited to find mirrors everywhere. He tried on costume after costume. The princess costume was too girly. He couldn't hear anything in the astronaut costume. The flower costume didn't fit at all. He couldn't wear the horse costume without a friend. Then he saw it. "OH BOY!!! THIS IS IT! IT'S PERFECT!!" He grabbed the costume and took off for the cash register.

No comments:

Post a Comment