Friday, November 4, 2011

TREATS! TREATS! TREATS!

     Brush! Brush! Brush! Oscar was still brushing his teeth when he heard Mom and Madeline coming through the garage door. "AAAAHHHH! I'm going to get caught!" He stopped brushing and put the toothbrush back in the holder just as Mom walked through the bathroom door.
     "There you are. I was wondering where you were," Mom said as she carried him back into the kitchen. GRUMBLE....OOOOOHHHH......"I can't stand be carried like a big baby," Oscar mumbled under his breath. "DID YOU JUST SAY SOMETHING!?" Mom looked at Oscar and then shook her head. "I must be hearing things....Dogs DO NOT talk."
     The next morning Mom and Madeline had left in a jiffy and Oscar was glad. He had lots of invitations to make and treats to buy today. Tomorrow would be HALLOWEEN and his big PARTY!!! "First, before I go to the store I have to make and send out invitations to all my friends," Oscar said aloud as he gathered up construction paper, glue, and markers to make his invitations. He cut and glued and colored. Finally he was finished. "PERFECT!" He grabbed the invitations and put them in a backpack and headed out the front door. He was almost to the end of the driveway when he realized he had forgot to put on his disguise! "AAAAHHHH! I hope the neighbors didn't see that!" He ran back inside and put on a black shirt with a pumpkin on it, khaki pants, orange socks tennis shoes, and a blond wig. He stepped into the garage and grabbed Madeline's bike and took off down the street.
     One by one he delivered the invitations to all his friends. He even put one in the mailbox for his own family. After all the invitations were delivered he rode off toward the bakery. It took him a long time to get there; and when he arrived he was starving. 
     He walked through the doors and looked at all the different kinds of treats....his tongue fell out of his mouth and he began to howl! "WHOOOOOWHOOOOO....this WHHHHHOOOOWONDERFUL!! "I'M SO HUNGRY!" So hungry that he wanted to buy everything! I want one of those, two of these, three...no make that five of those....can I have some that to?" "WHOA! Slow down kid...I can barely understand what you are asking for," The the tall red headed lady behind the counter said. "Sorry. I'm just so excited about my Halloween party tomorrow. I'm here to buy treats for all my friends," He replied. "Well then lets get you plenty of Halloween surprises," she said. She grabbed a box and began filling it with all kinds of treats. There were cupcakes that looked like spiders, Cake Pops that looked like pumpkins, white chocolate eyeballs, Marshmallow ghosts, sugar cookie skeletons, and chocolate tombstones. Oscar paid for all his treats with the money he had been saving. He took the box from the lady and realized that he wasn't going to be able to get it home on the bike!!! "Yikes! What am I going to do?" Then he noticed a sign on the Counter. It said, "FREE DELIVERY!"
 He walked back toward the counter. "Hey kid...didn't you buy enough?" "Yes. But the box won't fit on my bike. Can you deliver these tomorrow to the park?" Oscar asked. "Sure I can," she answered. "THANKS. WEAR A COSTUME WHEN YOU COME!!!!" Oscar yelled as he was running out the door. He took off on Madeline's bike and hurried home.

No comments:

Post a Comment